Monday, June 27, 2011

Building a Group

Last week I had lunch with some girls from work, 2 of whom Tomas & I have helped set up websites for in the past year.

(Image from Style Me Pretty via Brown Eyed Belle)

We've started catching up for lunches and informally sharing ideas, resources and enthusiasm, as we are all at different stages of building a small business.

I am always encouraged and inspired when I go away from occasions like this.  When you're in a small business, or if you work in a niche area of a larger company it helps to get together with a group of people who have similar interests, as there is so much we can do to help and encourage each other.  (In my day job I am fortunate to have a similar group, and this is one of the main reasons I have survived in this job to date! ;)

Do you have a group of people like this, who you can bounce ideas off, who can encourage you to keep going when the slog seems hard?

If you don't seek them out!  The whole world is now a potential networking opportunity.  Seek out people with similar interests on Twitter.  Blog about your passions and comment when other people blog about theirs. Be generous with your ideas and share information freely!  This will all help to attract like minded people to you, and you to them.

(You could use these to build your Twitter following!!)

(You can buy these from Tattoo Socks on Etsy)

Shameless plug for my friends mentioned above!

Bonnie Bella mobile spray tanning: the best mobile spray tanner in Melbourne!  Plus she's lovely and good for a laugh.

Rouge Artistry makeup, hair & eyelash extensions: the best makeup artist in Melbourne.  Also lovely and lots of fun.

What's the odds of my knowing both the best mobile spray tanner and best makeup artist in Melbourne?! Well it's true ;)

If you haven't already we'd love to meet you: here's where you can find us online :)

Night,
Jones xx

3 comments:

  1. Well, I might have to look up your eyelash extension girlfriend when I'm next in town. Sounds fab! Nicolex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! Really cool stuff and very inspiring. Thanks for sharing!

    makeup artist sydney

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails